I am a full-on Tarot reader. I use the Rider-Waite deck to read for myself, and I use it to read for others. I am not a spread maker. I don’t work with spreads, and I don’t have spread collections, and I don’t work with spread books. I use the Rider-Waite deck to read for people. I’m not here to sell you a spread, or tell you what a card means. I’m not here to tell you how to use a card in an argument, or something like that.
Tarot cards have been around for over four centuries and have been used in countless ways to communicate messages, reveal information, explain situations, and even to guide us through our lives. Amongst many, they are said to be a form of wisdom from the divine, oracles and psychics, and to have the ability to reveal truths that are hidden from our human eyes.
If you are a tarot reader, what kind of tarot reader are you? Or, if you are a regular card reader, what kind of tarot reading do you expect or want? I’ve been thinking about this a lot, especially over the past year. I’ve been thinking about the types of readings I like to do, the clients I like to work with, and how I can add the most value to my readings. When I started reading the cards, I felt pressure (mostly from myself) to adapt my reading style to the person I was reading for. It is born of the desire to please them, to give them what they need and to help them as best we can. I still have the desire and goal to offer the most useful reading possible, but I am now confident enough to do it my way.
When I work with my tarot students, I ask them to consider this question: What kind of reader are you? It takes time to discover, refine and appreciate them. That’s the beauty of the Tarot – there are so many different and wonderful ways to read the cards. It’s not about technology or accounting, it’s about art and magic! If you’re just imitating someone else or worrying that your style doesn’t fit, you’re selling yourself short. As you read the cards, I encourage you to ask yourself this question. And if you like having your cards read, before choosing a psychic, think about his or her approach and ask yourself if it suits you.
- My style is collaborative. I create the sacred space and energy container, interpret the cards and act as a guide, but the reading with me is a conversation between you, me and the cards. I respect your privacy and your boundaries, and I understand that you need to trust me before sharing your personal stories, but I’m not going to do a completely cold reading. Let’s get to the point as quickly as possible.
- I am honest, realistic and practical, but I always look for the positive in the cards, I am inspiring and helpful. I’m not afraid to tell harder truths, but my experience is that you can always find something good in the cards. And in life.
- My approach is soft rather than direct, I listen and ask good questions. I will tell you the truth, but I will not tell you what to do.
- I like to give homework, action steps or rituals you can do after reading. I’m not going to check if you did.
- I believe the power is in your hands. The cards will help you see yourself clearly in all your glory and understand what makes you happy and what really motivates you. The cards can give you insight into the energy around you, the possibilities and how you can make your dreams come true. BUT, I do not believe that everything in our lives is fixed before we come into this existence. I don’t think the cards tell you what’s going to happen, whether you want them to or not. They give you information that you can use to make good decisions and use the resources at your disposal, they do not take away your free will.
- In addition, my readings help you to look inward and connect with your own divine source rather than predicting what will happen to you next week. It’s a difficult subject because I think the cards can give us insight into energy, trends, timing and how to work with that, so they predict in that sense, but they don’t predict in the sense that you can’t control your own life. Maps can help you process and navigate the energies around you, and that is a very powerful thing.
- I’m not chic, cool or fashionable. I am basically a sensitive and introverted soul, a big nerd, and a romantic at heart.
- My clients are usually mature, professional, self-aware people who have worked hard, understood many important things in their lives and are now looking for a deeper meaning to it all. They want to understand how to live authentically, love each other madly, and achieve their own dreams. They want more, and they know it’s there for them.
- I never judge my clients or impose my own opinions and beliefs on them. I am honoured to read the cards for you. And you’re beautiful.
What type of tarot reader or tarot customer do you belong to? These are questions you need to ask yourself. I know they will lead you to a deeper understanding of yourself, your strengths, your motivations, your beliefs and your challenges. This process will deepen your tarot reading, whether you read it yourself or have it read by a professional with whom you resonate.
I’m a professional Tarot reader with a wide range of clients at my fingertips. I specialize in Divination and I specialize in Astrology. Divination is one of my favourite arts and I use many different Tarot decks and spreads to get the answers I need. Astrology is the study of the stars and how they affect us. I have the ability to find out all kinds of information about you, but mostly about your past and present. It’s a very interesting and unusual experience and a great way to learn more about yourself.
Read more about youtube tarot reader salary and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you read tarot cards?
You’re probably wondering how I came up with this idea for a blog post. It was over a year ago that I first picked up the cards and noticed how they each held different pictures. The truth is that I have been fascinated with tarot cards for as long as I can remember. I recently became a tarot reader myself and am still in the process of learning how to read them — I am sure that I will get better with practice. In my opinion, the tarot is an ancient form of divination. It is probably the oldest known method of communicating with spirits and the unseen world. There are numerous different methods of doing tarot reading, including the layman’s method, which is what this article is all about.
How do I become a better Tarot reader?
When I started Tarot reading, I bought a book and followed the advice in there to become a better reader. I stuck with that for a long time, until I began to feel a certain pressure to be perfect. Not good enough, not good enough, not good enough. I felt like a failure. I was making mistakes in my readings, and I felt that I was doing something wrong and that I should be doing it better. Tarot is a form of divination, where a reader uses a deck of cards to divine the past, present and future. There are numerous types of Tarot decks and spreads, but the most popular are spread by playing cards, where the reader shuffles a set of cards and deals three cards face down, turning over the top card and interpreting it.
What is an oracle reading?
I’m not an astrologer. I’m a tarot card reader. And I’m not an astrologer. I’m an oracle. A tarot card reader is someone who uses Tarot cards to interpret the answers to questions they ask. An astrologer is someone who uses astrology to interpret the answers to questions they ask. And I’m not an astrologer, either. An oracle is a person who uses their psychic or spiritual abilities to interpret the answers to questions they ask. As a professional tarot reader, I know the difference between seeing a client for an oracle reading, and reading for fun. The first is a serious business, the second just for fun. I am an oracle reader, and I use an oracle deck to help my clients feel a connection to their inner self. The question of “what kind of oracle reader am I?” is a very important one, and serves to help people decide between the many different types of readings that are available.